Do you often wake up with tired-looking skin? Are your wrinkles progressing faster than your biological clock? This can be a result of low Riboflavin levels. And that’s just the beginning! There is a myriad of other skin and hair problems that can be attributed to a Vitamin B2 deficiency, including hair thinning and hair loss. Read on to understand why investing in Natural Vitamin B2 infused products is such a smart move for boosting skin radiance, preventing premature aging of the skin, and supporting hair growth.
What is Vitamin B2 and Why Your System Needs it?
Natural Vitamin B2 or Riboflavin, a water-soluble vitamin, is crucial to energize cells and support the nerve centers (Majja Dhatu) of our body. It works to metabolize proteins, carbohydrates, and fats and supports the production of Red Blood Corpuscles. In the absence of Vitamin B2, the ‘fuel’ for running various vital functions (including activation of other vitamins) in our body diminishes, which hinders cellular growth and repair. B2 increases the absorption of Zinc, which is a critical element in maintaining skin health and integrity (ie; skin’s purpose is to provide barrier protection to your internal organs). Vitamin B2 deficiency renders your skin and hair susceptible to increased UV damage and can be the cause of skin lesions and inflammation leading to conditions such as extremely dry skin, dermatitis, eczema, psoriasis, and rosacea.
Instability & Deficiency of Vitamin B2 can affect our skin and hair in the following ways:
- Kapha Dosha – There is a slowdown of flow of prana (nerve impulses) which can result in an aberrant flow, causing overproduction of oil over skin and hair.
- Pitta Dosha – Results in overheating, and an increase in inflammatory response. It can also degrade the skin’s protective mechanisms, such as the incredibly important Acid Mantle.
- Vata Dosha – Reactions can be dramatic, sudden onset, and can cause hyperactivity such as rosacea, eczema, skin redness and skin allergy. Long term negligence of Vitamin B2 deficiency may cause drying and thinning of tissues and permanent damage of the skin.
Today, the marketplace is over-loaded with synthetic grade Vitamins., which are man-made isolates without the co-factors found in nature, which in most cases are required for the vitamin to be absorbed and utilized by the body. Natural extracts of Vitamin B2, complete with their very important co-factors, can work wonders for your skin and hair and can be extracted utilizing organic methods from Nuts, Green Leafy Vegetables (such as Spinach and Fenugreek), Sesame seeds, Mushrooms, and Soy Extract.
The Powerful Benefits of Vitamin B2 for Skin and Hair
Benefits of Natural Vitamin B2 Skin Treatment
- Maintains Collagen Levels – Riboflavin plays a key role in maintaining skin collagen levels and ensures healthy cell turnover to prevent wrinkles and fine lines. It maintains the elasticity of the skin, preventing premature signs of aging and protecting your skin from age spots.
- Calms Inflammation – According to research, Riboflavin is responsible for drastically reducing High Mobility Group Protein B1 (HMGB1), a factor that is responsible for inflammation. Thus, it helps calm skin conditions such as Rosacea and Eczema. Some of the best known botanical extracts that amplify the positive effects of Vitamin B2 are St. John’s Wort and Skullcap.
- Detoxes the Skin – If old Red Blood Cells are not constantly recycled and replenished, this can lead to the development of ongoing disease processes. Natural Vitamin B2 is a key component of something called Glutathione Redox Cycle, that inhibits lipid peroxidation and reperfusion oxidative injury of the cells. Riboflavin plays an important role in the production of new red blood cells and antibodies which boosts oxygenation and circulation that flushes out toxins and free radicals from the body.
- Clears Acne – Vitamin B2 also supports our skin’s Acid Mantle, which can block/kill the bacteria on the skin’s surface that cause acne pimples and discourages such conditions as acne, whiteheads, and blackheads. Vitamin B2 is a popular solution to oily-skin (kapha) related acne.
- Intense Hydration – Concentrated Vitamin B2 along with Vitamin E maintains the skin’s moisture balance, in fact, a B2 deficiency can first show itself as cracking in the corners of the mouth.
The Best Vitamin B2 Skin Care Formulas:
- BioScience Peptide Complex Organic Anti-Aging Topical Botox Serum
- Aloe Eye Serum – Organic Daytime Moisturizing Treatment Serum for Fine Lines & Wrinkles
- Daily Hydrator/ Toner – Organic Hydrating Facial Toner Mist for Normal (Vata) Skin
- SBR Hydrator/ Toner – Organic Hydrating Facial Toner Mist for Sensitive, Blemished & Rosacea (Pitta) Skin
- Pore Perfect Hydrator/Toner – Organic Hydrating Facial Toner Mist for Oily (Kapha) Skin
Benefits of Natural Vitamin B2 Hair Treatment
Riboflavin, along with other Vitamins, helps prevent damage to hair follicles and can reverse hair loss. When taken along with Biotin (Vitamin B7) and Folic Acid (Vitamin B9), it becomes a popular hair growth solution.
The Best Vitamin B2 Hair Care Formulas:
- PuraVeda Revitalizing Shampoo – Deeply Nourishing Organic Daily Shampoo for Dry, Brittle & Frizzy Hair
- PuraVeda Revitalizing Conditioner – Deeply Nourishing Organic Daily Conditioner for Dry, Brittle & Frizzy Hair
- PuraVeda Everyday Conditioner – Organic Daily Color Safe Conditioner for Normal Hair – Silicone Free
Start protecting your skin and hair today by choosing only Organic, Naturally-Derived, Wild-Crafted, Free-Trade, Sustainable and Balanced Vitamin B2 Skincare & Haircare Formulations