Hair conditioning is the backbone of any healthy hair care routine. Post-shampooing, it helps hair remain frizz-free, shiny and smooth. Conditioners that are pH-balanced and contain meaningful concentrations of Ayurvedic clinically proven herbal ingredients and natural emollients help fortify the cuticle with a protective coating. This allows damaged hair to remain intact, with increased strength so as to not break easily and ensures longer and healthier hair growth.
If your hair has significant breakage or split ends, it is considered to be damaged. This cycle can be prevented by conditioning your hair properly. There are two types of conditioners that we recommend:
- Deep Conditioners: These are basically DIY at home hair-masks that are applied to the hair after shampooing for at least 2-5 minutes and then washed off. Natural conditioning with the proper type of proteins, vitamins, shea butter, olive oil, coconut oil, etc., impart moisture and deep nourishment to hair which can help prevent damage (from styling tools, lack of moisture, and environmental exposure (Uvs).
- Leave-in Conditioners and Styling gels: Leave in conditioners/serums/gels are applied to towel-dried hair before styling or brushing hair. Glossing serums, such as our Shine-on Serum provide extra moisture and protection as well as detangle hair for a beautifully glossy and shine. These work side by side with deep conditioners as the leave-ins don’t have much longevity, being mostly washed off. Our @PVO Leave-in styling gel is a big help when it comes to surviving styling wear and tear and also to provide a daily dose of moisture and protection.
Benefits of Deep Conditioning with Organic Hair Conditioners
When deciding on Hair Conditioners, it’s important to read the full list of ingredients and choose those free from petroleum by-products, silicone, parabens, artificial dyes, etc. as all of these can damage hair, both shafts and follicles, over time.
Here are some of the benefits of using our organic hair conditioners:
- Makes hair softer.
- Repairs split ends.
- Improves texture and hair quality.
- Protects follicles and reduces hair loss over time.
- Reduces the chances of color fading of color treated hair.
- Promotes elasticity so hair can resist breakage under tension.
- Reduces tangling of hair.
- Protects hair against damage from styling.
- Adds luster and shine.
- Helps with moisture retention.
Choosing the Best Natural Conditioner
At Puraveda Organics, our 100% Effective & Natural Hair Conditioners are made with the highest quality sustainable ingredients from around the world; rare essential oils, in-house steam distilled botanical extracts and naturally harvested Kenyan shea butter give you salon quality hair without the time and expense.
Even if your hair isn’t yet damaged, incorporating an effective conditioning treatment can help you ward off future damage and maintain healthy hair. It’s also important to remember to follow a proper protocol, as too much deep conditioning (with proteins) can actually damage your hair by causing brittleness! Keep your hair care routine minimalistic (Shampoo – Conditioner – Serum) for best results.
Based on your particular hair type, we have a range of hair conditioners for different hair doshas:
- PuraVeda Revitalizing Conditioner for Dry, Brittle & Frizzy Hair
- PuraVeda Everyday Conditioner for Normal Hair
- Puraveda Big & Bouncy Volumizing Conditioner for Fine, Thin & Limp Hair
- Puraveda Shine On Hair Serum – an Organic Leave-in Treatment for Brilliant Shine & Healthy Hair.
- Puraveda Leave-in Conditioning Styling Gel for lightweight, non-residue styling.