HOW CAN WE ERADICATE SKIN REDNESS?
Your dermatologist may recommend prescription and OTC medications such as Anti-Bacterial/Anti-Inflammatory/Antihistamine drugs. However, these methods are hit and miss at best, is often short-lived and can have potential side effects.
While Ayurvedic skin treatments are 100% safe Toxic-Chemical-Load-wise, it’s important to understand what is the underlying cause of your particular skin redness issues. Erythema due to dry skin (Vata ayurvedic dosha) may require a completely different treatment than skin redness due to acne or rosacea. We find that many people suffering from chronic skin redness may also need to look to their diet and supplementation (such as cutting back on sugar or dairy, adding a natural form of Vitamin C or D3 etc) as well as utilizing natural topical solutions.
Organic Ayurvedic Medicine has proven itself to be incredibly effective at managing skin redness and healing the skin at the very heart of the causative agents, without causing any side effects or adverse reactions.
Some of the Best Naturally Derived Ayurvedic Ingredients in Solving Skin Redness:
- Hyaluronic Acid – Hyaluronic acid has been proven to have a multitude of Skin Improving Benefits and is an increasingly popular ingredient in serums and moisturizers. Since dryness is one of the prominent causes of skin redness, HA can be an effective agent to provide intense moisturization and works as a kind of “Armor” to increase your skin’s innate repairing ability. HA is a natural humectant, enhances skin hydration, decreases wrinkles, improves firmness and elasticity and also provides defense against UV damage.
- Aloe Vera – The hydrating gel of Aloe Vera has super moisturizing, cooling and soothing properties and also acts as an anti-inflammatory to reduce skin irritation. It detoxifies the skin and circulates the blood in the affected area to reduce redness almost instantaneously.
- Honey – Honey (Pure Manuka Honey) in concentrations of upto 5% stops the explosive growth of skin bacteria such as Staphylococci which is responsible for causing dermatitis. Honey helps in clearing excess oil from the skin and its anti-bacterial properties kill any pathogens present on your skin in a soothing and calming way.
- Tea Tree – It is a great option for people affected with Rosacea, Psoriasis, and Eczema and is particularly effective in killing Domedex mites which are believed to be responsible for rosacea.
- Gotu Kola – Helps by directly repairing Collagen, provides mega-hydration and combats environmental toxins. Gotu Kola is rich in Triternene saponins and flavonoids that detoxify your skin, improve blood circulation and helps close down the inflamed capillaries under the skin. The Collagen boosting properties of this amazing herb give you a beautiful, healthy glow and repairs any damage on your skin. Use it in the form of Skin Hydrator/Toner to tone down redness and get a glowing and brightened skin.
- Bentonite Clay –Bentonite Clay facial masks give your skin a Deep Detox Treatment without leaving behind any harsh chemical residue, that also has serious calming properties. This is particularly important in ridding your skin of superficial harmful pathogens on your hyperactive skin. The High mineral content in Bentonite clay pulls removes all positively charged particles from the surface and just below the skin in the pores, which helps tremendously in the clarification process.
- Chamomile Tea – When it comes to winter time redness, Chamomile Tea is one of the best soothing options to calm down your skin. Chamomile Tea has been used since Ancient times by Egyptians and Romans to reduce skin inflammation and promote wound healing. The Skin Active ‘Bisbalol’ in Chamomile Tea is responsible for its Anti-Irritant, Anti-Inflammatory, and Anti-Microbial properties.
- Coconut Oil – The rich supply of Vitamin E and Antioxidants in Coconut Oil helps moisturize excessively dry skin and reduce skin irritation and redness. Capric acid, Lauric Acid, and Caprylic acid are extremely good at combat skin redness due to bacterial and fungal infections. Coconut Milk works as a natural moisturizer. Being Anti-Parasitic in nature, it also is very efficient at killing off an overgrowth of Demodex mites on the skin surface.
Now when you know that natural solutions are safe and best for your dermatological Erythematous skin, Find here the best skin care regimen for your Sensitive, Blemished and Rosacea prone skin.