According to the National Rosacea Society, 16 million Americans are currently suffering with active Rosacea symptoms and many more are in temporary remission. Many people are unaware of the signs and symptoms and do not realize there is a name for this painful and embarrassing condition.
What causes Rosacea?
Up until recently, the exact cause of Rosacea was unknown to the medical world, but recently the American Dermatology Association came to the same conclusion that Ayurvedic Medicine has known about for centuries and that is for some reason that may be partially hereditary and partially lifestyle triggered. Certain individuals skin becomes overrun with microscopic organisms known as ‘demodex mites’ and these mites wreak havoc when their population gets out of control. Demodex mites are a part of every adult persons body ecology so in and of themselves are nothing to be alarmed over, but when they overpopulate, they cause the redness, irritation and blemishes which are the hallmarks of Rosacea.
Some of the signs and symptoms of Rosacea are:
- Redness in the face (especially towards the center of the cheeks)
- Spider Veins (visibly broken tiny superficial blood vessels)
- Swelling and Pain
- Stinging and Burning Sensation
- Sensitive skin
- Dry, itchy, rough and scaly skin
- Appearance of Plaques or raised patches
- Large, inflamed and visible pores
- Swelling and redness of the nose
Clinically Proven Botanicals in Controlling Rosacea
We say “Control” because there is no Cure for Rosacea. It’s unfortunately a progressive condition. However, the Good News is that it CAN be kept under control as long as you stick with the treatment. Here is a list of the top Ayurvedic and Botanical Ingredients you should look for in an All Natural Rosacea Regimen:
Neem – Since ancient times, Neem is known to be ‘Sarva Roga Nirvani’ or ‘Curer of all ailments’. It’s mild, nourishing, and anti-microbial and is rich in natural fatty acids, vitamins, triglycerides, calcium and antioxidants. While mild enough for infants, Neem is also a very powerful insecticide (kills Demodex mites!) and as such Neem is the most powerful weapon in your Anti-Rosacea arsenal.
Aloe Vera Gel – When treating Rosacea, Aloe Vera gets results! ‘B-sitosterol’ is a powerful anti-inflammatory active compound in Aloe Vera that can help alleviate chronic Rosacea and promote faster healing.
Gotu Kola – This botanical is widely known for its abilities of increasing vascularity (blood supply) and thus helps promote collagen growth. The active ingredients in Gotu Kola are the triterpenes such as asiaticoside and madecassic acid, which have antiapoptotic, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
Peppermint – The anti-inflammatory agents in Peppermint Oil are Menthol, Menthonone and Rosemarinic acid. It has the highest amount of antioxidant capabilities compared to any food and when applied on the skin in the form of ointment and lotions, it provides a calming and cooling effect that is extremely helpful in skin conditions such as Rosacea, Eczema, Psoriasis, Rashes and more.
Geranium – Some of the main components of Geranium essential oil are myrcene, menthone, citronellol, geranoil and alpha pinene. It can treat a wide range of dermatological problems such as problems dealing with inflamed skin, excess oiliness, psoriasis, eczema and rosacea due to its antiseptic and would healing capabilities.
Lavender – ‘Lavare’ means ‘to wash’. From treating minor burns and wounds to being antifungal, detoxifying, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory, Lavender oil is one of the most popular ingredients to be used in aromatherapy and skin purification. The anti-inflammatory properties of Lavender are derived from chemicals such as linalool, limonene, geraniol and cis ocimene.
Green Tea – Contains Quercitin (a flavonoid antioxidant) and polyphenols. It helps to reduce the inflammatory response (calming) involving the macrophages and neutrophils of white blood cells and inhibits the activities of interleukins, which are primarily responsible for inflammatory triggers such as rosacea and other skin problems.
Rosemary – Rosemarinic acid and Carnosol are the active chemicals present in Rosemary Essential Oil that reduce inflammation by inhibiting the immune response to allergens. It helps to lower DHT, reduce oxidative stress and with its amazing fragrance, this magical ingredient is a great skin tonic for fighting rosacea and other skin problems.
The Holistic Method of Treating Rosacea
For controlling Rosacea outbreaks, our popular SBR Line is an extremely effective Rosacea Treatment that is a perfectly balanced Organic and Ayurvedic formula of clinically proven active botanical ingredients that fight the root cause of Rosacea.
- SBR Cleanser – Deep cleanses your skin to remove impurities in a gentle way. Helps to heal and calm irritation.
- Papaya & Honey Exfoliation Mask and Scrub – While exfoliation is important to remove dirt and debris from your skin, people with Rosacea skin should be careful about harsh exfoliators. Loaded with the goodness of Papaya & Honey, this Exfoliator Mask and Scrub not only pulls off debris from your skin pores, but also encourages cell regeneration with delicate exfoliating agents such as honey, lemon, papaya, milk, yucca root, Echinacea and others.
- SBR Hydrator/ Toner – Your skin’s lost moisture is restored with this award winning product. It’s brimming with essential oils and aloe vera that helps to hydrate your skin, while eliminating factors that trigger Rosacea.
- Organic BioScience Peptide Complex II – Rosacea should always be moisturised and nourished with calming ingredients and essential vitamins. This revolutionary product not only soothes your skin, but also helps to prevent and reverse the signs of aging skin.
- SBR Serum – The most important element in your Rosacea Fighting Regimen! This revolutionary formula contains all the elements necessary to get your rosacea under control and keep it that way.
For more information on how you can be pro-active in your battle with Rosacea read more here about your Ayurvedic Dosha.